A buildup of sweat and salt on the strap can decrease the ability of the heart rate monitor to report accurate data.
The trap must be cleaned properly to perform under harsh training conditions.
Before you can wash the trap, you must unsnap and remove the module.
Clean the strap:
- Wash the strap with cold water after every seven uses.
- Hand wash the trap using a tiny amount of mild detergent, such as dishwashing liquid.
Note: Using too much detergent may damage the strap.
- When Drying the strap, hang it up or lay it flat.
- Do not put the strap or module in a washing machine or dryer.
- Do not use any chemistry cleaner for washing
- Do not over stretch strap, nor fold the electrode area.
Tips for Storage and protection:
- When storing the strap, hang it up or lay flat.
- Avoid bending or tightly rolling the strap.
- Do not expose the heart rate monitor to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not allow chemicals to contact the heart rate monitor (including sunscreen, bleach, ammonia and mosquito repellent)
To prolong the life of your soft strap premium heart rate monitor, unsnap the module when not in use.